David Stephenson (1844-1937) was a member of St. John’s Lodge No. 21 in Wellington, B.C., before the Lodge moved to Ladysmith. He was Initiated in Caledonia Lodge, No.6 in Nanaimo in 1873.
He was Worshipful Master of St. John’s Lodge No. 21 in 1895, 1896 and 1899.
He was Worshipful Master of Ashlar Lodge, No.3 in 1908 and District Deputy Grand Master in 1904.
Here is some basic information about David Stephenson from Ashlar Lodge, No.3 records:
- Born 8 December 1844 in Little Rock, Missouri (Note: Ashlar Lodge No. 3 records say “Missouri”, not Arkansas)
- Occupation: Constable
- Affiliated with Ashlar Lodge, No.3 on 6 December 1905 from St. John’s Lodge, No. 21 in Ladysmith, B.C.
- Was Worshipful Master of St. John’s Lodge, No. 21, Wellington, B.C. in 1896
- Raised 20 September 1873 in Caledonia Lodge, No.6, B.C.R.
- Worshipful Master of Ashlar Lodge, No.3 in 1883
- Died 3 February 1937
Stephenson Point and Stephenson Point Road in Nanaimo, B.C. are named for David Stephenson.
Here is a map showing the location of Stephenson Point Road in Nanaimo:
We will add more to this page as we do additional research on R.W.B. David Stephenson.
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?