LADYSMITH MASONIC HISTORY
Our St. John’s Lodge No. 21 Historian recently came across this 1931 advertisement for Willys cars which mentions the Willys dealer in Ladysmith, Lowe’s Garage, operated by St. John’s Lodge No. 21 member Ira Eugene Lowe.
Lowe’s Garage was located at 341 1st Avenue in downtown Ladysmith. At that time, 1st Avenue was part of the Island Highway so it made complete sense to locate garages and other automobile related businesses along the Island Highway.
We will be putting up more posts like this future.