Our St. John’s Lodge No. 21 Historian recently came across this 1927 advertisement for Raybestos Brake Linings which mentions the Raybestos dealer in Ladysmith, Lowe’s Garage, operated by St. John’s Lodge No. 21 memberIra Eugene Lowe.
Lowe’s Garage was located at 341 1st Avenue, in a building which is still standing in downtown Ladysmith. In the 1920’s and 1930’s 1st Avenue was part of the Island Highway through Ladysmith so it made complete sense to have automotive businesses located along 1st Avenue.